Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Sand dough

Yesterday I made sand dough for T2. It was very easy and the results interesting for sure.

3/4c water
1/2c cornstarch
1tsp vegetable oil
1c clean dry sand

Bring water to a rolling boil.
Remove from heat, add oil and cornstarch - it will foam slightly Stir hard until foam subsides. Put back on (medium) heat for about a minute, stirring constantly until cornstarch thickens and is mostly incorporated. Texture should resemble watery mashed potato. Cool 10 minutes.
Using hands mix in sand. Blend well and knead until dough forms. Enjoy!
This dough can be baked at 120 degrees for about 1 hour.


4 comments:

bethany said...

I just found your blog today and I'm adding it to my Google Reader-you have some amazing kid craft ideas that I LOVE! Thanks for doing all the work for others to copy :) My kids are a little younger than yours and just getting into the gluing etc. thing, but this makes me excited for that stage!! Thanks!

A said...

Thanks! : )

Unknown said...

Hi,
Just found your blog through the crafty crow :) We have a similar sand playdough recipe that we use, that doesn't require cooking.

I'm going to try yours with the kids tomorrow, see how it turns out.

Thanks

michelle@somedaycrafts said...

Love this idea! I linked at somedaycrafts.blogspot.com